Here are some step-by-step instructions to help you pair your Smart Plug with the Array By Hampton app. If you have already downloaded the Array By Hampton app and created an account, skip to Step 3.
- Download the Array By Hampton app from the Play Store or App Store on your smart device.
- Create an Array By Hampton account by opening the app and clicking 'Register'.
- Plug your Smart Plug into an outlet, preferably not far from your WiFi router. The red light will begin flashing rapidly (2 times per second.) If the red light is not blinking rapidly, press and hold the 'Reset Button' for 5 seconds.
- From the 'Home' page in the app, click on the + in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Click on the 'Indoor Smart Plug'.
- The Array app will automatically bring up your smart device's WiFi network. If that is the WiFi network you want to connect your plug to, enter your password and press 'Next. If you want to choose a different WiFi network, click on the grey symbol to the right of the WiFi name, click 'Other network', connect your smart device to the WiFi network you want to connect your plug to, and press the back button on your smart device to return to the Array app and then click 'Next'. Note: Your Array Plug will only connect to a 4 GHz WiFi Network.
- Click on 'Confirm light is blinking rapidly' at the bottom of the page and click 'Next'.
- Once the app has successfully connected to your plug, the red light will no longer be flashing, and you will get a message saying 'Added successfully'. You can then rename the plug by clicking on the pencil next to the name of the plug, entering a new name, and clicking 'Save'. Once you have renamed the plug, click 'Done', or you can click 'Done' and rename the plug at a later time.
Trouble Shooting Tip: If your Array Smart Plug did not successfully connect to the Array By Hampton app using the Steps provided above, try setting it up using AP mode. You can find the instructions on how to set up your plug using 'AP Mode' by clicking here.