There may be times when you will need to master reset your lock. If or when that time comes, the steps below will guide you through how to do so. Once you master reset your lock, you will need to "Hand" the lock, so it knows which direction the bolt needs to move to lock and unlock.
MASTER RESETTING YOUR LOCK:
- Start with the door open and the deadbolt unlocked.
- Take the battery cover off and remove the battery.
- Press and hold the “H” button on the outside of your deadbolt while putting the battery back in.
- Hold both the battery and the “H” button until the beeping has stopped. You will hear two beeps, one long beep, and one short beep.
- While maintaining pressure on the battery, slide the battery cover back on. (NOTE: It's essential that you DO NOT lose pressure on the battery while sliding the battery cover back on. If you lose pressure on the battery or let go of the "H" button at any time, you will need to start over.
HANDING YOUR LOCK:
- Complete a master reset
- Slide the keypad cover-up; the keypad will be flashing
- Press either the 6 or 0, whichever is closest to the edge of the door.
NOTE: If the keypad is not flashing, you will need to "Master Reset the lock again."