There may be times when you are not able to connect the Array lock to your home WiFi. Listed below are a few reasons why this issue may occur and tips to troubleshoot.
1. We recommend checking your Wi-Fi router, to see if your connectivity is working and has a strong signal. If the router is malfunctioning or does not have a strong signal, contact your internet provider.
2. If you have a dual band router, please ensure that you are connecting to a 2.4 GHz frequency. You will need to ensure that you have initially connected the Array lock AND your smart device, to the 2.4 GHz.
3. The Array Smart Lock will not connect with the 5 GHz frequency in a dual band router. After careful consideration, the 2.4 GHz was the best choice for the Array Smart Lock.
- The longer waves used by the 2.4 GHz band are better suited to longer ranges and transmission through walls and solid objects.
- The shorter waves used by the 5 GHz band makes it less able to penetrate walls and solid objects.